Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt & Sesame
This recipe is an awesome accompaniment to a big feast or on its own.
Adapted from The New York Times.
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes (or regular ones if you can’t find the Japanese kind)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sea salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Wadaman Organic Golden Sesame Paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup red onion, medium dice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons Red Boat fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, hot
- ¼ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons Wadaman Roasted Golden Sesame Seeds
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat sweet potatoes with a very light drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Wrap the potatoes in foil and roast the potatoes until completely tender, about 45 minutes. Switch oven to broil, remove potatoes from foil and blister under broiler until lightly charred on each side. Remove potatoes and allow them to cool to room temperature. When cool, cut in ½-inch rounds. Set aside.
- Mix together yogurt, sesame paste, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth. Divide between 4 plates.
- Mix the onion, garlic, fish sauce, paprika and remaining lemon & olive oil into a salsa. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt.
- Warm sweet potatoes in oven, then plate each half (or an even number of rounds) on top of yogurt sauce. Top sweet potato with salsa, parsley, sesame seeds and a sprinkle of salt.