Marinated Chickpea Salad
This dish is great for picnics, side salads or on its own.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons Iio Jozo Brown Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon Hanamaruki Liquid Shio Koji
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed and cooled
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped fine
- ½ tablespoon mint, chopped fine
To make dressing, combine oil, lemon, vinegar, liquid shio koji, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. In a large bowl, toss chickpeas, broccoli, onion, parsley, and mint together. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss. Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally to marinate evenly. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. This salad will be at its best a day or two after it is made.