Spring Vegetable & Chicken Salad
This recipe saysSpring vegetable salad, but you can really use any veggies, you might just have to adjust the seasoning a bit. Regardless, this is such a nice light salad, perfect for an outdoor BBQ or as a starter.
- Asparagus, steamed, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- Fava beans, blanched and peeled
- Salad greens
8 chicken tenders or 2 breast sliced (cooked in 1 tablespoon sake, 2 tablespoons Yamaki Jozo Organic Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar & black pepper to taste)
- 1 tablespoon karashi mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Yamaki Jozo Organic Soy Sauce
- 1 or 2 teaspoons sugar
- Black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- Add the dashi, soy sauce and sake to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat the sake, shoyu and sugar. Then add the chicken tenders and cook until chicken is fully cooked, about 4 to 8 minutes.
- To make the dressing, mix together the karashi and the olive oil. Then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Toss the vegetables, chicken and dressing together, be sure to use a touch of the mushroom and chicken cooking liquids. Place the dressed chicken and vegetables on top of a bed of salad greens.
If you don't have Iio Jozo Red Vinegar Premium (Akasu), you can substitute Iio Jozo Pure Premium Rice Vinegar.